Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Checkout Periods and Limits (8/19/2016)
- Books may be checked out for four weeks
- DVDs are checked out for three days
- CDs, Playaways, and audiobooks on CD are checked out for two weeks
- Periodicals and reference books cannot be checked out
- Board Games are checked out for 7 days (limit 2)
Items may be renewed twice.
Patrons are limited to three DVDs, CDs, or Playaways. There is no limit on book checkouts.
Text Message Overdue Notification:
You can receive library overdue notices as text messages (SMS) on your phone. These brief messages will not include all details like titles or due dates, but will give you the Library’s phone number to renew your items. The Library does not charge a fee for this service, but text message charges from your cell phone carrier may apply. To sign up for text message overdue notices, ask at the Circulation Desk. Patrons can opt-out of text message overdue notices at any time by notifying the CSI Library by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 208-732-6500.
Overdue and Non-Returned Items
When items become overdue by seven days, a first overdue notice will be sent to the patron, with a second notice following seven days later. After another week, a final notice will be sent. At the time the item is one month overdue, a bill for replacement charges will be sent to the patron. If the item is still not returned, a letter of intent (via certified mail) will be sent to the patron informing them that their account (with a $10 excessive late fee per item) will be turned over to a collection agency if the item is not returned by a specified date (usually two weeks). After the deadline has passed, the account will be turned over to a collection agency.
Any students who do not return items at the end of the semester will have a hold placed on their student records by the library.
Reserving or Placing Holds (11/15/2011)
Books - Holds may be placed on books that are currently not available. Books may not be renewed if a hold has been placed on it. Holds can be placed in person, over the phone or via e-mail. Holds placed via e-mail should be sent to email@example.com
and should include the following information:
- Patron's full name
- Contact information where patron can be reached to be notified when the item is available to be picked up
- CSI ID number
- Title and author of the item to be placed on hold
DVDs / Reserve - Holds may be placed on DVDs or items in the Reserve Collection by faculty or staff of the college, or a student when needed for a class presentation.
CSI Library Courtesy Card Policy (6/5/2013)
- The CSI Library is funded by student fees and is primarily for the use of CSI students, faculty and staff. Any adult (over 18 years of age) permanent resident of the eight counties (Twin Falls, Jerome, Gooding, Cassia, Minidoka, Lincoln, Blaine and Elmore) served by CSI is eligible to apply for a CSI Library Courtesy Card. CSI Library Courtesy Card holders enjoy many of the benefits offered by the CSI Library, with few restrictions.
- CSI Library Courtesy Card applicants must present an official picture identification and official proof of address (driver's license with current address, utility bill, a preprinted check, or other official mail addressed to the applicant).
- Patrons must complete a CSI Library application form before checking out items. The form must be completed at each renewal of the card.
- The cost for the CSI Library Courtesy Card is $25 per year. Senior citizens (over 60) may obtain a card for no cost. Courtesy card holders are entitled to checkout privileges for books, DVDs, and CDs. Courtesy card holders may also request items through interlibrary loan (10 items per year). During peak student usage times Courtesy Card holder interlibrary loan requests will be processed after all student, faculty and staff requests are completed.
- The computers are primarily for CSI student use. CSI Library Courtesy Card holders may use the computers, if there is one available, for three hours per day. Courtesy Card holders must sign in and out at the front desk, and must yield the computer to students if other computers are not available. Black and white printing is charged at $.20 a page, color printing is charged at $1.00 a page.
- The CSI Library Courtesy Card is an individual card. Family, group or agency cards are not available.
- The CSI Library Courtesy Card is a personal identification and must not be lent to other persons. CSI Library Courtesy Card holders are responsible for all materials checked out on their card. They must inform the library promptly if their card is lost or stolen.
- CSI Library Courtesy Cards will be cancelled if materials are not returned or if Courtesy Card privileges are abused. Courtesy Card holders will be billed for all unreturned, lost, or damaged materials.
Faculty and staff may place personal, departmental, or library items in the Reserve Collection. Information that must accompany items when being placed on Reserve includes:
- Course title
- Lending parameters – which may range from library use only to four week checkout
- Length of time the item should remain on Reserve - faculty may indicate when they would like the items returned or if they would like them left on Reserve for the entire semester.
- If there are restrictions concerning student access to the item, a list of students must be provided at the time the item is placed on Reserve.
Checkout of Reserve items is restricted to faculty, staff, and students.
- Photocopy machines are available
- Black and white copies can be made at $.10 per page.
- Color copies can be made at $.20 per page.